Chief Justice of the University of Student Representative Council Judicial Board, Regina Apaloo has ruled for elections to be organized again at the Mensah Sarbah Hall and Akuafo Hall Polling Stations.
Following election petitions submitted to the board, alleging irregularities and improperties at some polling stations.
According to the Chief Justice, via Zoom meeting on Friday, December 8, 2021, the board rules that polls be held at the Mensah Sarbah Hall Polling Station and Akuafo Hall Polling station for level 200 and 300 students who were residents of the hall at the time of elections in October 2021.
The Judicial Boards Verdict
- Online election results cannot be said to be invalid as alleged by the 2nd Deputy UGSRC EC.
- Results for Mensah Sarbah Hall were declared null and void with the absence of proof of verification for the over 300 people who joined the queue to vote 14 minutes to the end of the polls.
- Discrepancies between the number of registered voters and verified voters hence result for Akuafo Hall Polling Station not acceptable.
- University of Ghana Computing Systems to handle the online elections for level 200 and 300 students of Mensah Sarbah Hall and Akuafo Hall in a week after the verdict.
- Handing over ceremony to be held five days after elections More soon