Sunyani Technical University invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for appointment as the Information and Communication Technology Officer (ICT Officer).
The ICT Officer shall, under the Pro Vice-Chancellor, be responsible for:
- directing and managing computing and information technology strategic plans, policies, programmes, and schedules for academic and finance data processing, computer services, network communications, and management information services to accomplish the goals and objectives of the University;
- designing and facilitating integrated and sound IT architecture for the University;
- the improvement in teaching delivery and aided technologies;
- developing, maintaining, and facilitating implementation of a sound and integrating IT architecture;
- directing the information and data integrity of the University and its business units;
- developing strategic plans and implementing the objectives of the information technology needs of the university to ensure that computer capabilities are responsive to the needs of the University’s growth and objectives;
- developing and establishing operating policies and approaches for computing and information technology;
- evaluating overall operations of computing and information technology functions and recommending enhancements;
- advising senior management on strategic systems conversions and integrations in support of institutional goals and objectives;
- preparing university IT objectives and budgets to facilitate the orderly and efficient capture, storage, processing, and dissemination of information;
- interacting with senior academic decision makers on internal and external operations that are impacted by the capture, storage, processing and dissemination of information;
- reviewing and approving major contracts for computing and information technology services and equipment including service level agreements;
- ensuring the security of the information systems, communication lines, and equipment;
- overseeing the development, design, and implementation of new applications and changes to existing computer systems and software packages;
- the development, review, and certification of all back-up and disaster recovery procedures and plans;
- identifying emerging information technologies to be assimilated, integrated, and introduced within the University;
- assessing new computing technologies to determine potential value for the university;
- overseeing ongoing improvements and the feasibility of system enhancements;
- establishing university infrastructure to support and guide individual divisions/faculties/departments/campuses in computing and information technology efforts;
- establishing and implementing short and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures;
- serving on planning and policy-making committees;
- recruiting, training, supervising, and evaluating department staff and
- undertaking any other assignments that the Registrar shall deem necessary.
Information and Communication Technology Officer shall by virtue of the office be a member of the ICT Committee.
Applicant must hold a minimum of Masters’ degree in Information Technology and must have a least eight (8) years post-qualification experience in senior management position in Information Technology management in a tertiary institution, industry or any relevant public service organization.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested Candidates are to complete Application Forms (form A1) which can be obtained from the University website: www.stu.edu.gh.
Eight (8) copies of the completed Application Form (folder appropriately labelled with the position being applied for) with application letter, up-to-date CVs, copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts of academic records must be submitted.
Completed application forms should be submitted to the address below before Friday, April 30, 2021:
THE DEPUTY REGISTRAR,
HUMAN RESOURCE DIRECTORATE
SUNYANI TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY
P. O. BOX 206
TEL: +233 (0) 3520 27052 / 23278