The Ghana Education Service (GES) following reports that some BECE graduates have not been placed by the CSSPS reopened the self-placement portal for second chance of SHS school placement.
The Service however in a statement copied to Georgeweb.org said this does not apply to candidates who were automatically placed or did self-placement and have been enrolled.
“If you were not placed in any of your five choices or have done self-placement and wish to change, visit the self-placement portal on www.cssps.gov.gh or www.csssps.org. to choose a school,” it said in the statement.
According to the Education Service, the school selection portal has been populated with more schools with vacancies for the second chance.
5 simple steps on how to do BECE SHS Self-Placement
The Self-Placement is to help candidates who were not placed in any of the Senior High Schools across the country during the automatic placement to select their school of choice. Please follow the step-by-step process below
1. Visit the school selection portal (CSSPS) cssps.org or cssps.gov.gh
2. Then select check placement module on the page to continue
3. Provide your E-voucher PIN and Index number
4. At this stage you’ll be redirected to the self-placement module, when redirected, the system will provide you with a list of schools based on the aggregate you had to choose from.
We recommend you to carefully make enquiries of the school before you decide to select your preference, once it has been selected you cant reverse it again, choose your residential preference (Day/Boarding).
5. Click on confirm and print.