The Management of the National Teaching Council (NTC) has released the examination registration procedures including fees and the deadline for 2020/2021 prospective candidates with Diploma in Basic Education (DBE), Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) or a Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE), M.Ed looking forward to being professional teachers after the NTC exams.
Meanwhile, the National Teaching Council has proactively postponed the conduct of the March 2020 GTLE, according to NTC, a new date will be communicated as soon as appropriate (hopefully after 4 weeks).
The Teaching Council entreats applicants to register online at www.exams.ntc.gov.gh and complete the application form the GTLE exams.
National Teaching Council Licensure Examination for Teachers (GTLE) 2020/2021
The National Teaching Council under the auspices of the Ministry of Education (MoE) is mandated by the Education Act 2008 (Act 778), Section 9 to enhance the professional standing and status of teachers as well as licensing and registration of teachers in Ghana.
The licensure examination is to enable qualified teachers who have passed the GTLE examination to acquire a professional teaching license and also prepare teachers to meet the criteria of the NTC’s standards of possessing the minimum knowledge, skills, values, and attitudes necessary to deliver effectively in schools.
Eligibility for the Licensure Examination – March 2020
According to the National Teaching Council;
1. All Prospective candidates who hold the Diploma in Basic Education (DBE), Bachelor of Education (B.Ed), or a Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE), M.Ed and are desirous of seeking employment as teachers.
2. All the above-mentioned candidates who completed in 2019 or before 2019 qualify to write the examination at a Regional Centre of your choice.
3. Candidates who have written the Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination and are not successful, as well as fresh candidates, can register
4. Fees for registration:
a) Fresh candidates are required to pay GHȻ 220.00 to register for the examination.
b) Candidates who are re-sitting are to pay GHȻ100.00 for one (1) Re-sit paper.
c) Candidates who are re-sitting two (2) papers are to pay GHȻ200.00.
d) Candidates who are re-sitting all the three (3) papers are to pay GHȻ 220.00
NTC examination registration procedures, fees & deadline 2020/2021
The Council requires candidates to make full payment at any branch of GCB Bank LTD across the country.
Also, candidates must notify the Bank as fresh students, re-sitting for 1,2 or 3 papers.
• To start the process, request a Pin and Serial number from GCB bank Ltd after payment.
• Visit and log onto www.exams.ntc.gov.gh
• Enter your E-Voucher serial number and Pin
• Fill in all the fields and remember to upload your passport-size photograph
NB: NTC will not accept any request for change of photograph after the examination.
• Review or glance through the information provided to make sure everything entered is correct before you submit
• Print Summary of the inputs made
5. The National Teaching Council recommends candidates to keep their Pin and Serial Number secure after registration for the licensure exams for further use after the examination.
After going through the step-by-step registration procedures correctly, the completed application form should be received online no later than March 11
The management of the National Teaching Council (NTC) says there will be no extension in time for registration beyond March 11 deadline.