The West African Examinations Council (WAEC), has said Private candidates who sat for this year’s Nov/Dec are now required to apply for their Nov/Dec certificate online instead of visiting any of its offices across the country.
Unlike the WASSCE for School Candidates that certificates are sent to schools for collection, WASSCE for Private candidates can request for their Nov/Dec certificate online and should be collected within two days or 48 hours of working days at any specified WAEC offices of choice.
According to WAEC, the certificates are only printed on request, this means it will only make the certificate available once a candidate has requested or applied for it online at the WAEC online certificate request portal here.
How to apply for WAEC Nov/Dec certificate online 2020/2021
For issuance of a Nov/Dec Certificate online, the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) requires applicants to provide the following details;
- Log onto the WAEC, Ghana Certificate request portal
- Click on “New certificate request form”
- Your Name (in full as used in the examination)
- The Name, Month and Year of Examination
- Your Index Number
- Date of Birth
- Telephone Number
- Email Address (Should be active)
- Candidates will be required to produce a valid identification document when collecting their certificates.
After requesting for the certificate online, applicants can also trace or check the status of their request
- Visit the WAEC certificate request portal
- Enter your invoice number
- Index Number
- Select type of examination (Nov/Dec)
- Select Examination year (2020)
- Click on “Check status”.