The Ministry of Health (MoH) announced to recruit nurses who have completed training from public health institutions into service, following the recruitment we’ve put together this comprehensive guide for you to carefully select your preferred nursing agency under the Ministry.
Applicants who have financially been cleared qualifies to for the recruitment process, a qualified applicant will be redirected to create an account in order to login and complete the application process as follows;
- 1. Agency: (Select your prefered agency example GHS, CHAG, teaching hospital, Ahmadiyya etc.)
- 2. Prefered Region: (Select the region you wish to be posted to)
- 3. Cadre: (Nurse Assistant Preventive/Nurse Assistant Clinical
- 4. Passport picture: (Upload a scanned copy of 2 inches long, 1½ inches wide, red background passport picture which show fully your uniform’s sleeves exposing the arm up to the elbow. NB: This is of the same size as the one you used for N&MC registration/Indexing/AIN renewals)
- 5. Grade: (NAC graduates should select Enrolled Nurse whiles NAP graduates should also select Community Health Nurse)
- 6. Applicant’s Full Name: (Enter your full name as stated on your N&MC certificate)
- 7. Email address: (Enter your valid email address)
- 8. Date of Birth: (Enter your date of birth as stated on your birth certificate)
- 9. Gender: (Select between Male/Female)
- 10. Contact Number: (Enter your active phone number)
- 11. Marital Status: (Select your marrital status being it; single, married, divorced, widow etc.)
- 12. Residential Address: (Enter your current residential address. eg: P. O. Box TL 864 Tamale, Ghana)
- 13. Emergency Contact: (Enter the full name of your closest living relative who can act as a referral person)
- 14. Emergency contact phone: (Enter the active phone number of your emergency contact)
- 15. Relationship to contact number: (State how you are related to the emergency contact. eg: father, sister, brother etc.)
- 16. Has Disability?: (if you have any form of disability please select YES and enter the details of the disability. If otherwise, select NO)
- 17. Has medical condition?: (if you have any medical condition please select YES and enter the details of the medical condition. If otherwise, select NO).
This stage requires education background/Evidence of registration with relevant regulatory body;
- 1. Index Number: (Enter your index number as stated on your N&MC certificate/indexing form/result slip
- 2. Training Institution: (Enter the name of the nursing training school you completed. eg: Community Health Nurses Training School, Tamale)
- 3. Region of training Institution: (Select the region where the nursing training school you completed is located. eg: Northern Region)
- 4. Town of training Institution: (Enter the name of the TOWN/CITY where the nursing training school you completed is located. eg: Tamale )
- 5. Date of entry: (Enter the date you commences your nursing training education as stated on your admission letter/indexing form. eg: 31st August, 2015)
- 6. Date of Completion: (Enter the date you completed your nursing training school/the date you wrote your final licensing examination paper. eg: 28th November, 2017)
- 7. Regulatory Body: (Select “NURSING AND MIDWIFERY COUNCIL”)
- 8. Registration Number: (Enter your registration number as stated on your N&MC certificate/AIN. eg: NAP2783)
- 9. Date of Registration: (Enter the date on which you are registering. eg: 28th August, 2020)
- 10. Submit and save your online application and log out.
Congratulations as you succesfully select your prefered agency but we recommend you to do photocopy of the following document and submit to the regional Health directorate of the region you selected for the posting.
- Online application printout
- 2. N&MC certificate
- 3. N&MC result slip
- 4. AIN (FRONT & BACK)
- 5. Birth certificate
- 6. Medical report (Copies of both GHS & CHAG medical report forms will be sent here after the portal has been closed)
- 7. TIN (Tax Identification Number)
- 8. Pasport Picture (Red background)
NOTE: Your account expires when the recruitment deadline is due, this means you cannot log in after recruitment is over.
Tips: Placement are done on a strictly first come first served basis. An automated queuing System is used to ensure that placements are done according to the time you successfully submit your completed application.