The Ministry of Education has said until the double-track system is phased out in all the 721 public Senior High Schools, it will continue to use the automatic placement and self-placement for BECE school placement.
The automatic placement is when the Ministry of Education places a candidate in any of his or her five preferred selected schools during the school selection process on Monday, September 21, 2020.
Alternatively, the self-placement is when a candidate is given the opportunity to select available schools provided by the Computerized School Selection and Placement System (CSSPS) depending on the grade.
2020 BECE school placement: How to do your self-placement
Georgeweb.org recommends candidates to visit any nearby Internet Cafe with the fastest internet connection to start this process instead of using a smartphone with even a higher version.
Please also note that not all web browsers are good for the process, from our experience, Mozilla Firefox is the best even though others prefer chrome. Using Firefox will save you from connection timeouts.
- Visit the CSSPS website at cssps.org or cssps.gov.gh
- Then select the check placement module on the left-hand side
- Enter your BECE Index Number (eg. 100000000019) and
- Enter your E-Voucher Code (12-digits)
- Click on Proceed to be redirected to the self-placement module
When redirected successfully to the Self-placement module, you will be provided with a selection of schools to pick from base on your aggregate.
Choose carefully your desired school, as well as your residential preference (Day/Boarding). At this stage please take your time and check through if the correct school or residential preference has been selected.
6. After doing all the necessary checks, confirm and print. Remember that once you have completed the selection process it can not be undone or changed.