The Authority in a communique sighted by Georgeweb.org said eligible Ghanaians with the two national documents are to make sure the name and date of birth on the Ghana card are the same as that of the NHIS card.
7 mobile steps to link your NHIS and Ghana card
- Dial *929# on your smartphone
- Select option 4 (Link Ghana Card)
- Enter the 13 digits Ghana Card PIN (eg. GHA – XXXXXXXX-X)
- Press send and
- Enter the 8 digit NHIS membership number
- Press send again and
- Wait for a confirmation message indicating the process was successful.
According to the NIA, this forms part of the Government of Ghana’s (GoG) effort to ensure every Ghanaian has one card.