Dr. Badu Sarkodie, the Director of Public Health for the Ghana Health Service announce this new development at a weekly press conference arranged by the Ministry of Information and monitored by Georgeweb.org on Tuesday, July 14, 2020.
Dr. Badu Sarkodie, however, refused to give many details on the said school and what has been done so far by the Ministry to slow the spread of the killer virus in the school.
“The only reported JHS with a case is in the Oti Region is just one. I think the Junior High Schools are strictly adhering to the COVID-19 safety protocols more than others”, the Director of Public Health for the Service said.
“The tertiary schools opened on the 15 of June and again we haven’t had many events within the tertiary and then the SHS on the 22nd and the JHS 29th June. So, based on the time, if you look at the period, 29th to now is more than two weeks and if we are going by the incubation period, should the JHS be confined, then it will be amongst the safest place for us as a country,” he said as quoted by Citi News
“The Senior High Schools we have the data here despite the number of cases, a few of them in sporadic quantities that have been reported. The rate within the SHS is much lower than the total population in the country. The least was the Junior High Schools,” he added.