Unfortunately, the global novel coronavirus (COVID-19) has claimed at least 51 lives in the country as 4156 persons recover from the virus, the Ghana Health Service has reported.
According to the Health Service the country has recorded 304 new coronavirus cases bringing the total confirmed cases to 11, 422 with 7,215 active cases.
Information gathered from the Health Service website indicates that the Greater Accra region is the nation’s COVID-19 leader, the regional capital has recorded 6,997 coronavirus cases followed by Greater Kumasi with 2,021. Three regions namely the Savannah region, Bono region, and Ahafo region has the least coronavirus cases. The trio has recorded 1 case each.
Checks by websaet.com indicate that males are mostly infected with the novel virus than females, the gender data analysis proves that 58% of COVID-19 cases are males while the remaining 42% are females.
The Health Authorities has also recommended a mandatory wearing of nose mask to avoid contracting the virus particularly in public places, among other protocols are regular handwashing with soap under running water, coughing to the elbow, and use of alcohol-based hand sanitizer.