The Management of the Ghana Education Service (GES) as part of measures to ensure smooth computer placement of qualified candidates who sat for 2021 BECE for school has released school selection guidelines for the process.
The Ghana Education Service (GES) in collaboration with the Management of the Technical and Vocational Education and Training Service (GES/TVETS) have put in place the below guidelines for the selection exercise.
1. All Senior High School (SHS), Senior High Technical School (SHTS) and Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) have been grouped into 4 categories namely Category A, B, C and D.
2. All candidates must choose their 1st to 5th choices from schools in Category A, B and C in order of preference.
3. Each choice must have a program and accommodation preference
4. Candidates who wish to offer only TVET programmes must select all six (6) TVET schools from Category A, B and C as Day or Boarding.
5. Candidates are to select a compulsory day as the 6th choice from Category D or choose boarding school from the list of schools in Appendix 3 (2021 schools register) as special boarding. In total, Candidates must select 6 schools.
Parents and guardians have been encouraged to supervise their wards in the selection and filling process, sign and submit forms to their current Junior High Schools (JHS).
The sensitization and public education on the selection of schools commenced Tuesday, November 23, 2021 however the 2021 school selection is expected to commence from November 29, 2021, to December 14, 2021.
The ongoing nationwide school selection sensitization exercises will take place in all Regional, District Education Directorates and various public and private Junior High Schools (JHSs) across the country.
“Stakeholders to watch out for infographics, short videos in nine (9) Ghanaian Languages, flyers and the physical presence of officers in all District communicates and schools to embark on sensitization drive,” GES said in a release.