The World’s Highest Paid Actresses in 2021: In this atypical year of 2021, two data points stand out in the list compiled by ‘Forbes’ of the world’s top paid interpreters. One, the box office stars’ revenues have been significantly decreased as a result of the coronavirus outbreak closing theaters and delaying blockbuster launches.
In comparison to the previous year, up to 20% less money has been pocketed. And two, with the exception of Angelina Jolie and Emily Blunt, the majority of the people on this list have made the majority of their money through television.
Sofia Vergara – $43 million
- Full Name: Sofía Margarita Vergara Vergara
- Born: July 10, 1972, Barranquilla, Colombia
- Citizenship: Colombia, United States
- Occupation: Actress, television Producer, Presenter, Model, Businesswoman.
- Years active: 1995–Present
Sofia Vergara, a model and actress, tops the list with $ 500,000 for each episode of the successful and recently completed series ‘Modern Family.’
According to ‘Forbes,’ she also receives substantial benefits for being the face of various products, as well as a lucrative pay as a jury member on ‘America’s Got Talent,’ a contract that assures her at least “10 million dollars per season.”
Angelina Jolie – $35.5 million
- Full Name: Angelina Jolie Voight
- Born: June 4, 1975, Los Angeles, California, U.S.
- Citizenship: United States, Cambodia
- Spouse(s): Jonny Lee Miller
- Occupation: Actress, film maker, humanitarian
- Years Active: 1982–Present
Brad Pitt’s ex-girlfriend and special envoy to the UN High Commissioner for Refugees is ranked second in a field where she already has experience.
Her profits in 2020 will primarily come from her involvement in ‘Eternals,’ which is regarded as the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s next major story. The movie was supposed to be out this year, but it has been postponed until November 2021.
Gal Gadot – $31.5 million
- Full Name: Gal Gadot
- Born: 30 April 1985, Petah Tikva
- Occupation: Actress, Producer, model
- Years Active: 2004–Present
Miss Israel in 2004 has now launched the second installment of ‘Wonder Woman.’ Although the premiere was delayed due to the global epidemic, we have finally learned what life is like for Diana Prince in this new chapter of her life.
This year, in addition to a few television ventures, the film ‘Death on the Nile’ had been released.
Melissa McCarthy – $25 million
- Full Name: Melissa Ann McCarthy
- Born: August 26, 1970, Plainfield, Illinois, U.S.
- Occupation: Actress, comedian, producer writer, fashion Designer
- Years Active: 1997–Present
The ‘Gilmore Girls’ actress has jumped five spots on the list since 2018, more than doubling her earnings in 2020. She has two films out this year, one on Netflix and the other on HBO, both directed by her husband, Ben Falcone. We’ll see her as Ursula in the ‘live action’ version of ‘The Little Mermaid’ next year.
Meryl Streep – $24 million
- Full Name: Mary Louise Streep
- Born: June 22, 1949, Summit, New Jersey, U.S.
- Occupation: Actress
- Years Active: 1975–Present
In recent years, this brilliant lady of interpretation has smartly exchanged her film parts for the most lucrative ones on television. As a result, we’ve seen her in the second season of ‘Big Little Lies’ as well as the Netflix film ‘The Prom.’
Emily Blunt – $22.5 million
- Full Name: Emily Olivia Leah Blunt
- Born: 23 February 1983, London, England
- Citizenship: United Kingdom, United States
- Occupation: Actress
- Years Active: 2001–present
The 2007 Golden Globe winner appeared in two successful productions in 2020: the second series of ‘A quiet Place,’ written and directed by her husband John Krasinski, and ‘Jungle Cruise,’ an upcoming adventure blockbuster directed by Jaume Collet-Serra from Barcelona.
Nicole Kidman – $22 million
- Full Name: Nicole Mary Kidman
- Born: 20 June 1967, Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S.
- Citizenship: Australia, United States
- Occupation: Actress, producer
- Years Active: 1983–Present
Although his earnings have decreased from the 34 million he earned in 2019, Nicole Kidman’s role in ‘The Prom’ with Meryl Streep and his success with Hugh Grant in HBO’s drama ‘The Undoing’ have assured her place among the top paid actresses once again.
Ellen Pompeo – $19 million
- Full Name: Ellen Kathleen Pompeo
- Born: November 10, 1969, Everett, Massachusetts, U.S.
- Occupation: Actress Producer
- Years Active: 1994–Present
According to the magazine ‘Forbes,’ television actresses have risen to prominence as a result of the pandemic’s dormancy in the cinema. This is the case with ‘Grey’s Anatomy’s’ protagonist, who climbs two spots in the 2020 rankings.
And, given that her long-running medical drama is set to be renewed for at least two more seasons, she is certain to continue to figure frequently in this list.
Elisabeth Moss – $16 million
- Full Name: Elisabeth Singleton Moss
- Born: July 24, 1982, Los Angeles, California, US
- Citizenship: American, British
- Occupation: Actor producer, Director
- Years Active: 1990–Present
Her starring in the dystopian, The Handmaid’s Tale on Hulu, she was paid $1 million per episode. She received a cut of the earnings from Invisible Man, an unexpected smash that cost only $7 million to produce but grossed $134.3 million.
Viola Davis – $15.5 million
- Full Name: Viola Davis
- Born: August 11, 1965, St. Matthews, South Carolina, U.S.
- Occupation: Actress, Producer
- Years Active: 1996–Present
According Forbes, Davis joins the list for the first time, thanks to seven-figure pay for her parts as Annalise Keating on How to Get Away with Murder and Ma Rainey in Netflix’s film adaptation of August Wilson’s play Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom.