The University of Education, Winneba (UEW) says it will on Thursday, September 10 and Friday, September 11, 2020, organise its 25th congregation ceremony virtually to award degrees, diplomas and certificates to regular and sandwich students of the university.
According to the University, it will stream live the 25th congregation ceremony on the University of Education’s official website and other social media platforms, including Facebook and on YouTube.
The University in a blog post on its website said the graduation will have in attendance only graduating PhD students and selected best graduating first-class male and female students.
It further stated that Parents/guardians and well-wishers will not be permitted on campus. The 25th congregation ceremony will be held on the Winneba Campus as follows:
DATE: Thursday, 10th – Friday, 11th September, 2020
VENUE: Jophus Anamuah-Mensah Conference centre
TIME: 9:00 AM each day
DAY 1 – THURSDAY, 10TH SEPTEMBER, 2020
- Faculty of Educational Studies
- Faculty of Foreign Languages Education and Communication
- Faculty of Ghanaian Languages Education
- Faculty of Science Education
- Faculty of Social Science Education
- School of Business Education
- School of Creative Arts
- School of Graduate Studies
DAY 2 – FRIDAY, 11TH SEPTEMBER, 2020
- Faculty of Agriculture Education
- Faculty of Science and Environment Education
- Faculty of Education and Communication Sciences Faculty of Business Education
- Faculty of Technical Education
- Faculty of Vocational Education
Guidelines for Registration of Graduands for the 25th Congregation by Virtual Mode
1. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, presentation at the virtual graduation will take the form of featuring graduands’ profile pictures and details on the official UEW Graduation Video which will be streamed on UEW website and our official social media handles.
- Website : www.uew.edu.gh
- Facebook: official.uew
- YouTube: uew.tv
- Closing date for registration is Tuesday, 8th September, 2020. Only those who have registered will be presented.
- Graduands are to note that as part of the registration process, they are supposed to upload a portrait photograph that meets the requirements stated below which will be used as their profile picture for the UEW Virtual congregation video.
Picture Requirement and specification:
- Width : 720 pixels
- Height : 960 pixels
- PPI : 72
- Background : Plain (white or red)
- Maximum file size : 2mb
4. Dress code for the picture is formal, e.g. for gentlemen, a tie and a shirt preferably with a jacket. Pictures deemed to be non-conforming to picture requirements and specifications above will be rejected.
5. Attendance at the graduation ceremony is exclusively for PhD graduating students and selected best graduating, first class male and female students from each faculty or school. All other graduating students are to participate virtually and shall not be permitted on campus for the graduation ceremonies.
6. All graduating students are expected to be available online by 8:50 am before the programme starts at 9:00 am. Since the graduation ceremony is virtual, family members can also log in to the university website and our official social media handles to participate.
7. Parents/guardians and well-wishers will not be permitted on campus. This is to ensure strict compliance of the COVID-19 physical distancing protocols.
8. Please note that a schedule will be provided online for the collection of certificates by graduands after the virtual graduation ceremony. The schedule will strictly adhere to the Covid -19 protocols
9. Selected best graduating first class male and female students would be given credentials to log on to a special portal on the university website to print their invitation cards which will be used as identification for the collection of their academic gowns at the office of the Dean of Student Affairs. Please note that without the invitation cards, selected graduands will be denied access to campus and the congregation venue.
10. Soft copies of the student graduation brochure would be made available on the university’s website for students to download. Hard copies would however, be available for collection in addition to certificates as per the online schedule to be provided.