Recognised Private School Associations in the country on Wednesday, October 28, held a stakeholder meeting to discuss concerns of licensing of private school teachers and registration of private schools among others.
In attendance at the historic maiden meeting were representatives of the eight (8) Private School Associations in Ghana, except CHOPSS and GNAPS who could not attend even though they were officially invited.
After fruitful deliberations on the need for all private school bodies to unite and speak with one formidable voice, the Associations have formed a Committee that will develop discussion pointers which would be submitted to the Ministry of Education (MoE) on Friday 30th October 2020 for formal discussions and consideration with the MoE on the 4th November 2020.
The stakeholders in the private education sector at the meeting agreed to continue the meeting going forward to develop one goal for the growth and development of private education in the country.
The National Executive Secretary of the GNACOPS, Mr Enoch Kwasi Gyetuah speaking at the event said “it’s their desire to have all other Private Schools Bodies to join us in the process; thus the need for all hands on deck”
The motivation at this meeting was that, “Together We Stand, Divided We Fall”.
The Private School Associations consequently assured all private schools to no matter the Association it belongs to keep calm at this moment as their challenges will be addressed soon.
It further said a communiqué will be communicated to members of the various Associations after the newly formed committee’s meeting with the Education Ministry.
The following stakeholders were represented:
- Foundation of Education Research and Development (FERD)
- Association of International Schools (ASICS)
- National PTA Council
- Ghana National Council of Private Schools (GNACOPS)
- National Council for Private Early Childhood Growth and Development (NC.PECGD), made up of four(4) associations
- 3 Civil Society Organizations in Education (IFEST, NEOGENICS EDUCATION, GNECC)
- Montessori Alliance of Ghana (MONTAG)
- National Council of Private School Teachers (NACOPST)
- The Governance Structure of private education in Ghana
- NTC Teacher Licensure
- NIB registration of private schools
- Frequent movement of JHS students to Public schools and other matters, going forward.