The management of the West Africa Examinations Council (WAEC) says it will 45 days after the last paper release the 2019 WASSCE results for prospective candidates who sat for the examination.
Currently, the Council has not announced any date for prospective candidates to check their 2019 WASSCE results online at their official website.
The Council said it has put much efforts to drastically reduce the waiting days for the release of the WASSCE results to at least 45 days instead of the long usual 60 to 90 days.
The Examination Council following the outbreak of the novel coronavirus postponed the conduct of the WASSCE for school candidates to August 2020, and also suspended the timetable since the previous date to conduct the examination was not possible.
The WASSCE examination started in August and ended successfully in the first week of September 219.
How to check your 2019 WASSCE results after 45 days online
As part of our effort to make checking of the 2020 WASSCE results easy and simple for candidates, we have put together a complete step-by-step guide that only requires you to follow carefully and complete the process.
Those who for reasons best known to them would not like to check their results online, WAEC says it will dispatch the results to schools, such candidates are to contact their Headmaster/Headmistress for their results.
Meanwhile, the Council has hosted the results online for candidates to access at their official results checking website
1. With any device that has internet access, visit the WAEC results checking website at http://ghana.waecdirect.org
2. Enter your examination index number
3. Then select the examination type (e.g WASSCE)
4. Select examination year (e.g 2019)
5. Enter the Card Serial Number found on the reverse side of your scratch card (WAEC recommends candidates are expected to purchase a WAEC scratch card to access the results online)
6. Enter the 12-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) on your scratch card eg. 012345678912.
7. Confirm your index number and examination year to ensure that you have entered the correct information.
8. Click on “Submit” and wait for the display in the popup window. Please note this may take several minutes but do not close the popped up window.
We urge the general public particularly candidates to be careful of fraudsters and impostors who promise to change the WASSCE results for a fee.
WAEC said it has secured the results portal and database so well that it can not be tempered with. Also it has secured the results and can be authenticated, it cautions that persons with forged results will be exposed and prosecuted.