The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) says it has released the provisional BECE results of candidates for who sat for the 30th edition of the examination and can be accessed at http://ghana.waecdirect.org.
The Council in a blogpost sighted by Georgeweb.org on its official website said it will due course dispatch the results to the schools through the Metropolitan/Municipal/District Directors of Education.
A total of 531,707 candidates representing 269,408 boys and 262,299 girls from 17,436 schools sat for the examination at 2,012 centres.
According to the non-profit-making organization, 1.59% were absent out of the total number of candidates who initially registered.
How to check the 2020 BECE results online
Majority of the steps in checking the BECE results online are outdated and confusing for candidates checking it for the first, so we’ve put together the below complete guide to assist you in the process.
- Log onto the WAEC results checking portal with an internet-connected device, we recommend using a computer and not a smartphone
- On the next page ‘Enter your Index Number’.
- Select the Type of Examination (e.g. WASSCE).
- Select your Examination Year eg. 2003.
- Enter the Serial Number found on the Voucher.
- Enter the 12-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) on your Voucher eg. 012345678912.
- Confirm your Index Number and Examination Year. This is to ensure that your examination information is correct.
- Click on Submit and wait for the display text like this “I hereby agree that access to my results uploaded on-line shall be subject to inter alia, the following conditions” in the popup window to display.
- Make your choice by clicking one of the buttons below.
Congratulations as you have successfully checked your 2020 BECE result online. Please do not hesitate to leave a comment if any problem persist.