The Accra Girls Senior High Schools (SHS) has recorded it’s eight COVID-19 cases as a teacher and spouse have contracted the deadly coronavirus that has claimed 122 lives in the country.
This was disclosed in a joint statement issued by the Ghana Health Service (GHS) and the Ghana Education Service (GES) copied to Georgeweb.org
“The Ghana Education Service (GES) received reports of suspected cases of COVID-19 from some second cycle institutions including Accra Girls Senior High school. The Ghana Health Service was subsequently notified of the situation. As of 6th July 2020, six (6) students, a teacher and spouse have been confirmed as positive for COVID-19 in Accra Girls Senior High School”, the statement said.
The management of the Service has assured the general public particularly parents that in accordance with the outlined COVID-19 protocols that have been issued to all schools, adding that the necessary steps have been taken and the 6 confirmed students, the teacher, and Spouse have been taken to a treatment centre for further management and are currently doing well.
Other safety measures taken
- All Contacts of confirmed cases have been identified and separated from non-contacts.
- Testing of all contacts of confirmed cases have started.
- The school authorities with the support of the assembly are in the process of disinfecting the affected dormitories.
- The school has put in measures to ensure strict adherence to social distancing and other COVID-19 safety measures.
- Continuous public education sections for staff, students and parents on COVID-19.