The management of the Ghana Education Service has released the reopening date for form 2 students in single-track schools for both green-track and gold-track students.
Re-Opening Dates — Form Two (2) Students
• Form 2 students in Singe-Track schools and those on the Green-Track in Double-Track schools will reopen on 15 September 2019
• Form 2 students on the Gold-Track in Double-Track schools will reopen the school on 15 October 2019
• GES has also taken note of the issues which have come up with regard to feeding and is in the process of reviewing the Menu for the schools
• Food Committee made up of all the significant stakeholders in the system are studying proposals Management has submitted to make recommendations by the End of September 2019
Supply Of Food By Buffer Stock Company Ltd.
• Principles underlying the concept of supply of food items by the Ghana Buffer Stock Company Ltd. remains the same.
• GES is pleased to inform you that the Hon. Minister of Education has authorized an increase in the percentage of money released to schools to cover perishable items from 20% to 30%.
• This should relieve the schools of the pressure of spending on some of the needs of the schools.