Recognised Private School Associations in Ghana on October 28 held a stakeholder meeting chaired by the Executive Director of GNACOPS, Mr Enoch Kwasi Gyetuah to discuss issues in the private education sector.
In attendance at the historic maiden meeting were representatives of the eight (8) Private School Associations in Ghana, except CHOPSS and GNAPS who could not attend even though they were officially invited.
The stakeholders in the private education sector at the meeting agreed to continue the meeting going forward to develop one goal for the growth and development of private education in the country.
list of Gov’t recognised Private school Associations in Ghana
- Foundation of Education Research and Development (FERD)
- Association of International Schools (ASICS)
- National PTA Council
- Ghana National Council of Private Schools (GNACOPS)
- National Council for Private Early Childhood Growth and Development (NC.PECGD), made up of four(4) associations
- 3 Civil Society Organizations in Education (IFEST, NEOGENICS EDUCATION, GNECC)
- Montessori Alliance of Ghana (MONTAG)
- National Council of Private School Teachers (NACOPST)
- The Conference of Heads of Private Second-Circle Schools (CHOPPS)
- Ghana National Association of Private Schools (GNAPS)
The stakeholders at the meeting consequently assured all private schools to no matter the Association it belongs to keep calm at this moment as their challenges will be addressed soon.