The Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), Kumasi, announces for the academic community and the general public’s information that the position of Internal Auditor will become vacant on JANUARY 1, 2022:
1. INTERNAL AUDITOR
The Internal Auditor shall be the Head of the Internal Audit Department of the University. He/she shall, in accordance with the Internal Audit Agency Act, 2003 (Act 658) and in conformity with standards and procedures provided by the Agency set up under the said Act, carry out periodic internal audit of the University. He/she shall report administratively to the Vice-Chancellor and functionally to the Audit Committee in accordance with the Public Financial Management Act, 2016 (Act 912).
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
The Applicant must:
- possess both professional qualification and relevant postgraduate degree;
- be well versed in the use of various contemporary auditing and accounting software (ACL, IDEA, Team Mate+, iAuditor, etc);
- have served in a University or analogous institution for at least 5 years as Deputy Internal Auditor/Deputy Finance Officer OR a minimum of 10 years post-qualification experience in a highly reputable and recognized practicing Auditing/Accounting Firm, industry, commerce and/or public service.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
- The Appointment, which is full-time, shall be for FIVE (5) YEARS in the first instance, and may be subject to renewal for another term of up to five (5) years (after evaluation of performance) before attaining the compulsory statutory retirement age of SIXTY (60).
- The Salary and Conditions attached to the post are attractive.
In a related development , the University of the Gambia is searching for a new Vice-Chancellor.
Interested Candidates are required to submit an Application Letter together with eight (8) copies of the following:
Applications should be marked “APPLICATION FOR APPOINTMENT AS INTERNAL AUDITOR and forwarded under Registered Cover to reach the following Addresses not later than Friday, July 16, 2021:
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
Private Mail Bag
University Post Office
Kumasi – Ghana
The Office Manager
Universities of Ghana Overseas Office
Ghana Universities House
321 City Road
London ECIV ILJ