The Kumasi-based Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) for the second consecutive time in history has been adjudged the best university in Ghana and the 12th best university in Africa. The Governing Council of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) appointed an alumna of the university Prof. Mrs. Rita Akosua Dickson as the new Vice-Chancellor for KNUST, She is the first female to be appointed as a Vice-chancellor of KNUST.
KNUST 2021/2022 Admission Requirements
The Sale of E-Voucher for the online Application is open to the following Applicants, Find out here how to buy KNUST Evocuher using your mobile phone
- WASSCE/SSSCE Holders who have credits (A1-C6/A-D Respectively) in the following Three (3) Core Subjects: English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science plus credits (A1-C6/ A-D) in Three Elective Subjects with an Aggregate Score of 24 or better in the relevant Area of Study. OR GENERAL BUSINESS CERTIFICATE (GBCE) Holders who possess passes in Three Compulsory Subjects including English Language and Mathematics and passes in any Three Elective Subjects.
- ADVANCED LEVEL Holders with credits in at least Five (5) subjects at the GCE ‘O’ Level (or its equivalent) including English Language and Mathematics plus at least Three (3) passes in the relevant subjects at the Advanced Level. OR ADVANCED BUSINESS CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION (ABCE) Holders with passes in Three compulsory Subjects plus Three optional subjects relevant to the Programme of study, OR Applicants with Stage I of ACCA, ICA, Associate of Chartered Institute of Bankers (ACIB), Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) with credits at WASSCE/SSSCE in Three (3) Core Subjects and credits in Three (3) Elective Subjects or Six (6) credits at GBCE or ABCE or GCE O’ Level including English Language and Mathematics.
- MATURE STUDENTS who have attained the age of 25 years or above at the time of Application and have credits in Five (5) GCE ‘O Level subjects including English Language and Mathematics, in addition to passing an Entrance Examination and/or Interview. OR
- WASSCE/SSSCE Holders who have credits (A1-C6/ A-D, Respectively) in the following Three (3) Core Subjects: English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science plus credits (A1-C6/A-D) in Three Elective Subjects with an Aggregate Score of 24 or better in the relevant Area of Study. OR
- HND Holders with Three (3) years relevant working experience in addition to the Minimum Entry Requirements at WASSCE/SSSCE or Five (5) GCE O’ Level Credits including English Language and Mathematics.
- FOREIGN APPLICANTS and all others who have any of the above qualifications or their equivalent from an accredited/recognized institution.
- Applicants from French speaking Countries must in addition to the Minimum Entry Requirement provide a minimum of one-year English Proficiency Certificate
Is KNUST 2021/2022 Admission form out
YES, The Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology has begun the sale of e-vouchers to its various programmes of study for the 2021/2022 academic year.
KNUST 2021/2022 Admission Forms Price
The KNUST admission forms price for the 2021/2022 academic year is GHC 220.00 for Ghanaian students. For the first time in about two academic years the university has maintained its application cost for International Students and Ghanaian students.
KNUST 2021/2022 Admission Forms price for International students
The KNUST admission forms price for the 2021/2022 academic year is .$150 for foreign students. The university has also maintained its application cost for International Students.
What is the closing date for KNUST 2021/2022 admission forms?
KNUST has set Tuesday, November 30, 2021 as the deadline for the submission of forms.
Mature applicants, however, are to submit their forms on or before Sunday, October 31, 2021.
Where To Buy KNUST Admission Forms
The KNUST admission forms, which is the E-voucher can be purchased at all Ghana Post regional and designated offices and all banks approved by KNUST. On the E-voucher, you will find a unique PIN and Serial Number which will be used for the online application process on the KNUST admission portal.
The same PIN and ID or serial number will also be sent to you via a text message from KNUST.
Important Things To Know Before Beginning Your Application
- Only results and/or documents provided by applicants at the time of submission of application shall be considered.
- Applicants (excluding awaiting results candidates) shall include in their application forms certified true copies of their results slips and/or certificates.
- Applicants shall include a certified true copy of their birth certificate
- Applicants shall include one passport size photograph with a light green background, which must be endorsed
- An applicant’s failure to input examination details (i.e. index number and year of exams) and/ or other relevant information properly online shall deny the applicant admission to a programme of study at the university
- Admission to all programmes of study at the university are transparently administered by the central undergraduate admissions board without any other considerations and/ or solicitations.
- Any applicant who makes any form of solicitation to any person or group of persons for the purpose of influencing and/or gaining admission into the university does so at his/her own risk.
- An applicant who makes a false declaration or withholds relevant information may be refused admission. In the case where a student has enrolled, he/she will be withdrawn and may be prosecuted
- APPLICANTS ARE TO NOTE THAT UPON RELEASE OF THE WAEC RESULTS, THE ADMISSION PORTAL WOULD BE OPENED FOR ONE (1) WEEK FOR APPLICANTS TO MAKE ANY AMENDMENTS WITH RESPECT TO THEIR NAMES, INDEX NUMBERS, YEAR OF EXAM, AND CHOICE OF PROGRAMMES ETC.
The above notice is straight from the Registrar of KNUST and as such is expedient for you to act duly according to it
For information on the admission requirements, courses offered in KNUST and cut off points, you can download the guide for the 2021/2022 admissions here.
KNUST Admission Process Explained
After obtaining the unique PIN and serial number or ID, the next thing to do is to begin your admission process.
- Visit the KNUST admission portal website here.
- Log in with the serial number and PIN as indicated on the E-Voucher.
- Your admission dashboard will be displayed for you to begin the online application process.
- Before beginning the application process, take note of the timeout counter in the upper right corner. You’ll be automatically logged out if the counter reaches zero.
- Click “Application Instructions” to see this guide again
- Click “Start Application” to begin the application process
- Begin by selecting the appropriate responses as shown in the figure above. Fields marked with ‘*’ are mandatory. This applies to all fields in the entire application process.
- Click “Proceed” to move on to the next section
- Fill in your personal information. Begin by uploading an appropriate passport picture. Click “Choose file” to choose an image file
- Your photo will appear in the top left corner once uploaded successfully
- Fill in the remainder of the form. Click “Save & Exit” to save your progress and log out or “Save & Proceed” to save your progress and move on to the next section, this applies to Step 10 through Step 20
- Fill in your guardian’s information
- Fill in your Educational Background information. Click “Add Institution” to add a new institution
- Fill in the details of your added institution. Click “Delete” to remove institutions
- Fill in your exam results. Choose “Awaiting” for the grade of the subject if the results is awaiting.
- Click “Add Subject” Score to add a new subject. Over here, kindly note that you will repeat the steps until you have entered all the subjects you studied in your institution.
- Click “Add result” to add a new examination result
- Select your programme choices
- Use the “help icons” for extra information on the selected programme
- Upload the appropriate documents by clicking “Upload” and selecting a file on your computer
- Review your application and ensure all information provided is legitimate. Click “Edit” if you want to make any changes
- Review the terms of the agreement and click “I do not Agree” or “I agree”
- You can click “Review Application” to review your application
- Click “Print Application” to print a copy of your application form
After your application is done, a text message will be sent to your phone informing you that your application has been submitted.
NB: The above steps are also detailed with picture explanations when you log in to the KNUST admission portal. You are advised to go through all the steps before beginning your application process.
What Next After Printing The Forms?
- After completing the online process and printing out your forms, the next thing you will do is to post the forms. An Envelope Number will be displayed on your form, kindly take note of this as you will need it in posting your form.
- Sign wherever stated on the form and give the form also to the person who endorsed your application to also sign the form where indicated.
- Affix the passport picture on the form where indicated.
- An envelope was given to you when you bought the e-voucher from the Post Office, this will be the same envelope you will use to post your form.
- Pack your forms nicely in the envelope. Write the envelope number on the envelope along with the necessary details to be provided on the envelope.
ALL COMPLETED APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED BY POST (EMS/DHL/UPS/FEDEX) TO THE DEPUTY REGISTRAR (ACADEMIC AFFAIRS) KNUST, KUMASI, GHANA ON OR BEFORE THE DEADLINE ANNOUNCED.
Kindly note that any hand-delivered or partially filled application will not be processed or considered.
KNUST Obuasi Campus Courses
- BSc. Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- BSc. Civil Engineering
- BSc. Materials Engineering
- BSc. Metallurgical Engineering
- BSc. Mechanical Engineering
- BSc. Geomatic Engineering
- BSc. Geological Engineering
- BSc. Environmental Science
- BSc. Business Administration (Logistics and Supply Chain Management/Business Information Technology)
- BSc. Business Administration (Human Resource Management/Management)
- BSc. Business Administration (Marketing/International Business)
- BSc. Business Administration (Accounting/Banking and Finance)
- BSc. Nursing
- BSc. Midwifery
- BSc. Medical Laboratory Technology
The University has announced Executive Search for a dynamic and business-oriented person with proven academic abilities to be appointed as DEAN to the University’s SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH with effect from AUGUST 01, 2021.