The National Schools Inspectorate Authority (NaSIA), has said the following learners from International Curricular Schools are to return to school as Junior and Senior High School students resume school on October 5, 2020.
- CAIE Schools: Only Form 5, Lower 6 and Upper 6 learners are allowed in school
- IB World Schools: Only IB MYP5 (in schools conducting the MYP e-Assessment), DP2 and CP2 learners are allowed in school
- Schools offering any other international curriculum: Only learners in classes equivalent to JHS2, JHS3, SHS2 and SHS3 who are sitting external/exit examinations in May/June 2021 are allowed in school.
Prospective students according to the Ghana Education Service (GES) will be in school for 10 weeks for intensive teaching and learning to complete the 2019/2020 academic year before vacation on December 14, 2020.
The National Schools Inspectorate Authority (NaSIA), formerly the National Inspectorate Board (NIB), entreats schools to stick to the basic, COVID-19 preventive measures to help in the ongoing fight against the pandemic.
It also encourages all Pre-Tertiary Educational Institutions to fulfil the two requirements for reopening for JHS 2 and SHS 2 learners:
1. Register online with NaSIA via https://www.inspectorateboard.gov.gh/school-registration-2/
2. Submit the institution’s COVID-19 Management Plan NaSIA for review and approval ahead of re-opening.