Dr. Shekira Yahaya showed her woman prowess at the 2021 Graduation of the University for Development Studies(UDS) when she swept almost all the prestigious awards for the Medical School.
As the best Medical Student,Dr. Shekira Yahaya won seven out of the nine awards that were up for grab.
- Meet Mohammed Abideen, the UDS Best Graduating Student With A CGPA of 4.90 On A Scale Of 5.00.
- Meet Ernest Mawuli the overall best Graduating student of UPSA’s 2021 batch
Awards she took home include:
1. Best Overall Medical Student
2. Mr. Poku Prize for Best Medical Student in Paediatrics and Child Health
3. Ghana Medical Association Award for Overall Best Medical Student
4. Vice-Chancellor Award for Best Student in MBChB
5. Dean’s Award for Overall Best Graduating Medical Student
6. Dr. Sory Prize for Best All-round Graduating Medical Student
7. Registrar’s Award for Best Student in MBChB
Other awards won on the day were Dr. Patricia Turner Prize for Occupational Medicine and Dr. Bill Turner Prize for Best Student in Family Medicine which were won by Dr. Agyemang Eric and Dr. Sabeng Marfo Patience.